Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 30, 2019

[19:25 UTC=4]
[+69*F....sunny....wins: w/s/w@11 mph....humidity: 56%....barometer: 30.01" /\]
[forecast....nice weather through Sunday....daytime highs in the mid-70s''F....possible scattered/isolated T-storms on Monday]
[Now Playing" Tchaikovsky "Serenade for Strings" [link]]
   Was again a very nice day here....walked early to Ollie's and Dollar General....nothing I really needed immediately but things I was getting low on and decided to do an inventory and pickup a few things I use a lot of and get some back up....well except for the small cup of ice cream at Dollar General which I consumed immediately when returning to my rooms....
   When I walked this evening around my usual loop....had a sit down on the benches at the the intersection of Arsenal & Western Boulevard....as I walked away heard a voice calling my name....a voice I recognized....but haven't heard in awhile....it was my old friend Richie W. who I don 't believe I've seen in several years....since I moved out to the west end of town....he lived in the same area of town I lived in when the my family moved here just after I graduated from high school....and we used to play sports together....well most of the time....more properly....against each other....and for many years we played miniature war-games....both of is belong to the same local war-games club....probably just about the longest I've know anyone up here in the Northcountry of New York State....met him in the Summer of '66.....53 years ago....he was a couple of years younger that 1....and just retired recently....maybe we need to get together and play some war-games together....
   Besides the above has been the usual quiet day....had a great session this morning of poker on the free online game I play....always play first thing in the morning....logged on this morning @05:49....yup I'm retired haven't work for over ten years but the internal clock still  wakes me up in time to get dressed, have a quick bite....and punch the old time clock on time....oy vey....nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment