Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

[19:44 UTC-4]
[+78*F....sunny....winds: n/n/e@8 mph....humidity: 45%....barometer: 29.78" /\]
[ weather forecast is nice weather through Sunday....but T-storms possible Sunday PM]
[Now Playing: "Etude in Black" a Columbo episode [link]]
   It was a Tuesday....two things always on the schedule.....my weekly walk to Big Lots....and 10% discount day for seniors....never spend a lot of money but they from time to time have some interesting hard to find items....particularly in the food section....left right @09:00.....and on the way back stopped at Aldi....was out of bacon....which I use in my egg white dishes....not everyday but frequently....and housekeeping made their weekly visit to clean and change my linens....
   USA Network aired several NCIS episodes today....so spent the rest of the days online and/or watching the episodes....
   I have a problem which summers bring.....fruit flies....probably came in on some fresh veg or fruit....apparently they land there eggs on the above....a couple of years ago I had the same problem and researched possible means of dealing with them online....and came up with a DIY solution to the problem....a fruit fly trap [link]].....there was an old adage I heard as a kid "we catch more flies with honey than vinegar"[link].....and of course the fruit fly trap contradicts this adage because vinegar is the main ingredient....of course the adage was to be applied in a social person to person context....so I'm parsing here maybe a little out of context but....I have been know to get great pleasure from playing with words....I love the pun, the play on words, the double entendre.....

No comments:

Post a Comment