Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 16, 2019

[19:31 UTC-4]
[+77+F....partly cloudy....winds: southwest@4 mph....humidity: 72%....barometer: 29.94"\/]
{Now Playing:"Hornblower" episode: "Duty" [link]]
   Yup....back to a Hornblower episode....I have read every one of the Hornblower books many times....but really enjoy the TV episodes made by the BBC....they have made a few changes but nothing major....
   I had planned to stay in my rooms today because of the forecast of impending rain....and as far as I can tell....we didn't get so much as a single droplet....[can be seen muttering & shaking his old grey head]....now rain and isolated T-storms are forecast for mid-afternoon tomorrow until mid-evening....I now believe that weather forecasters should use the anagram that we used sometimes in the inventory process when we had made an estimate....SWAG....stands for "Scientific Wild Ass Guess".....
   So until late afternoon I had not been out of my rooms except just before 08:00 to get the usual yogurt and corn muffin from the morning breakfast buffet in the lobby....but decided that with my knees singing their doleful dirge due to the low barometric pressure....a walk was probably counter-indicted....so grab my folding chair....and had a sit down for a while on the back lawns....there was a nice soft southern breeze....so it was quite pleasant....
   Truth be told I'm pretty well stocked up through the weekend....so probably will plan to stay in tomorrow as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment