Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, August 12, 2019

[18:16 UTC-4]
[+78*F....partly cloudy....winds: southwest@11....humidity: 58%....barometer: 20.81" \/ ]
[a brief rain shower late evening....and another possible mid-morning]
[Now Playing: "The Six Napoleons" [link]]
   The rain this evening gives me no pause at all....because firstly I have no intention of walking this evening....besides it seems that by the time it does rain I will have already retired for the night....the possible brief showers mid-morning however my put a crimp in my usual  Tuesday plans...because seniors get a 10% discount on Tuesday at  Big Lots....it is my habit to walk there mid-morning....and since I have to pass by Aldi on both the way there and back....had planned to make a quick stop at  Aldi as well....realized this morning I'm almost out of bacon....and that just won't do....not always but often I start off my daily egg white dish....I cook off a little bacon....reserve the bacon bits....and use the grease to cook my veg in....I recall when I was a young lad....my mother would save the bacon grease in a crock in the frig....yes we had a frig....not an ice box....I'm old....but not that old....although I do remember one in the basement of one of my grandparents house that they used for storage....and she'd use it when making home fries....adds a very good flavor to what's fried in it....or in my case microwaved....
   Did take a brief walk to Ollie's & Dollar General....just to look but did end up with two new short sleeve shirts....and a bottle of mexican oregano....and just a small cup of ice cream....
   The rest  of  the day I have spent....as is my custom....quite quietly online.....

No comments:

Post a Comment