Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, March 6, 2020

[17:35 UTC-5]
[+32*F/+20*F-windchill_tonight's Lo:+18*F_snow_winds:n/n/e@19_humidity:82%_BP:29.97"/\]..
[How Playing: a Hornblower episode_"Duty"_]....
   It was actually a very nice morning..upper 20s F..just a light breeze and mostly sunny..now a little snow and rain but neither of any great significance..had planned originally to wait to tomorrow  or even Sunday to go to the ATM and get my "'10 day walking around money"..usual every ten days..and although a couple days earlier and for no other reason then it was a decent day took the quick walk up the hill to the local branch of the ban\k that handles my accounts..a stop back at my rooms and then off to Ollie's the recent warming trend and rain have cleared my short cut so it's just down the hill to the backside of the Plaza..just a bottle of mouth wash..a bag of mints..and a tin of butter cookies..and a nice chat with the checkout girl..I maybe 72 years old but I still like the ladies..if point of fact the day that I  quit looking at the ladies is the day they nail the  lid over my head..and for once walked past Dollar General and had no reason to go in..
  Have spent the rest of the day mostly on-line..but I did take a break around 13:00 for lunch and then decided to take care of my favorite mechanical job..I put a rear-end [mine] in my recliner and watch a little TV for an hour or so...
[a brief pause in the writing of this post as I had a chip drop on the free Poker site I play on]
   At one time I both owned and read all the books in the Hornblower series by C.S. Forester [link]..
in fact the story behind the movie "Sink the Bismarck"..one of my favs is also the work of C.S.Forester..the neat thing about his books is that he take fictional characters..i.e. Hornblower et al..and puts them into historical events..common referred to as historical fiction..so you get to read an enjoyable story but in historical context..and except for the fictional characters the history is accurately presented..one of fav forms of fiction..he also wrote "The African Queen"..
   Day's end is upon me so i must bid yo a Good Day..

No comments:

Post a Comment