Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 5, 2020

[18:18 UTC-5]
[+36*F_overnight Lo:+32*F_partly cloudy_winds:southwest@4 _humidity:65%_barometer:30:12"~]..
{Now Playing: a Hornblower episode "The Frogs & The Lobsters"[link]..]....
   I left my rooms just before 09:00 this morning for a walk to Price Chopper..sidewalks were clear but one of short cuts wasn't so had to make a slight detour on my way..got a whole wheat baguette..2 feet long..so had the nice lady in the bakery cut it in half for me so it would fit in my sling bag..a couple of parsnips..a package of breaded shrimp..2 bottles of pickled peppers..but no bananas which met my required level of ripeness..so paid my bill and off to Aldi..hadn't planned to head there until tomorrow but I wanted bananas and we may get some winter mix tomorrow..ergo..off to Aldi..bananas..fruit flavored sparkling water..green onions..and some sliced Sopressata [a dry cured salami] which is hard to find and just happens to be my favorite of salamis..if fact I had picked out a package of sliced Genoa salami..my second fav..and put it back when I spotted the Sopressata..had a checkout clerk whom I've had conversations with several times before..she had been going through some personal issues and had been down of late..but today got a big smile and when I asked how she was doing..she  replied "good" with a big smile..told her I was glad that she was doing better..I've gone through some personal issues as well in times past and didn't always handle them as well as I could have..and understand the relief when you finally can put those things behind you and move forward..
   I get a coffee from the lobby every late afternoon..and today rather then take the hallway decided to put my lined flannel shirt and make my way out side and enjoy the bright sunny end of the day..
   Have had an enjoyable day on line..the new mods on "The Farthest Side" have got the hang of it and I haven't had to spend as much time as I have of late..had time to surf Youtube and add some new videos to my every expanding playlists..
  Still thinks to do so will bid you a pleasant Good Day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment