Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

[17:54 UTC-5]
[+37*F/+29*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph_humidity:78%_barometer:29.75"/\]..
[Now Playing on MadTrollie_[The Mix]_]..
   We've had a little light snow at times but nothing that "stuck"..although the winds have been about what there are right now all day and so there has been a a very coo; wind..but with all of that I had a quite enjoyable walk just after 09:00 this  morning..although I had to be careful. and watch my step my "short cut" to Ollie's and Dollar General was passable..just a bottle of dish washing detergent and a container of dried pineapple..the one I have is just about empty..and they have a new brand of olive oil that looks to be a good one and at the right price..but they have a lot of it and I already have a backup for both kinds I use..an Italian and a Greek..but will probably end up with one of those way be for I need it..as I do have an extra squeeze bottle..I put all my cooking liquids in squeeze bottles..because of my essential tremors I have great difficultly pour liquid out of a bottle and I rarely get the amount I want..but with a squeeze bottle it's much more controllable for me....
  Around 16:00 just took a walk around the parking lot and lawns are the hotel I live in..just needed some fresh air..it is my habit when weather permits to walk in the late afternoon or early evening just for no other reason then to walk....
   The "work load" on the FB group "The Farthest Side" has been much easier today..over the last week or so we've added three new moderators and they seem to be getting the "hang of it"....
   But other then the aforementioned walks have spent my day as I always do..quietly in my rooms..did have some interesting chats with two of the clerks at the stores and with a guy on the sidewalk outside Dollar General whom I've never met before and probably will never see again..but a decent sort..I enjoy a good conversation and even a good discussion..but friendly..I avoid debate..particularly of a political &or religious nature..and lately it seems impossible to separate the two..not that I'm not a good debater which I am..just have gotten tried of the inability of some peeps to see that between the two opposing positions the right answer maybe somewhere in between..I sometimes feel that compromise has become a "four letter word"....
   The time approaches when all the days activities must come to an end so I bid you a Good Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment