Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, March 20, 2020

[18:53 UTC-4]
[+47*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@18 mph_humidity:68%_barometer:29:80"~_tonight's Lo:+19*F]..
[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+33*F/+17*F_mostly sunny]..[Now Playing on MadTrollie_{The Mix}_]....
   Well the weather today didn't quite reach the level of the forecast from last night..we did have the predicted rain although not as heavy as predicted..and I did hear some thunder in the distance but the bulk of the thunder and lightning apparently went to the south and east of us..I watched the projected storm track on radar and the front pasted over us here and as soon as it got over the Tug Hill Plateau..the radar showed the presence of thunder storms..now my knowledge of weather science is..well..frankly isn't..so I don't know the whys and the wherefores but I surmise that it might have to do with the higher elevation of the land..??..
   But after what rain we did get had passed..although the winds did continue for awhile thereafter right around the 30  mph mark..but I wasn't going to waste the first temperatures in the mid 50s of the season..but just took a stroll around the parking lot and lawns of the facility that I reside in..felt good to just walk in the fresh air without having to bundle up..when weather permits it is my custom to take a walk in the late afternoon or early evening..it's an old habit from my youth..of course it's much different than then..it usually consisted of 6 to 10 miles at a rate of 5:30 minutes/mile..or interval work..I played what the rest of the world calls football [soccer here] at the small college level..I played mid-field..[although here we called it a halfback]..and got into running to stay in-shape..and from there started running 20K road races and a couple of marathons..[including Boston in 1970]..I just looked this year it's running on September 14th..when I ran in it it was run in April..that year the 15th..be fifty years this year..I love Google..apparently the move from April to September is because of the Coronavirus {link}..well I guess that makes sense..It was always run on a Monday..in celebration of  Patriot's Day....
   The end of another day is fast upon me...fare thee well and Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment