Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 23, 2020

[18:53 UTC-4]
[+38*F/+28*F-windchill_cloudy_winds:east@5_humidity:89%_barometer:30.13"_night's:Lo:32*F]..
[Now Playing: a Hornblower episodes_"Duty"_]....
   It was a dreary day here in the Northcountry of New York State..most of the day light hours it was either lightly raining  pr showing or both at the same time..now knowing that that was in-store for us today..I had got what few things I may need yesterday..and except for a brief walk [indoors] up to the lobby to get my afternoon toffee coffee I  haven't been out of my rooms all day..did watch a little TV..part of the movie "Now You See Me"..and some Paw Patrol..yup..I know a kids show..but Ii find it amusing..did have a short chat with one of the other residents here while on my quest for coffee..and as is my custom the rest of the day on-line....
   Not as good a day at the Poker tables this morning..but then it is what it is..nobody wins every time they play..a decent day at my other games....
   I'm not sure what brought it to mind but  my 4th year in college I was living off campus with 4 other guys..and one of them I call him C..had a regular menagerie in his room..2 parrots..a couple of fish tanks..and a Woolly Monkey named JC..now JC was a mischievous little guy and over several encounters he came to learn that I wasn't amused..to the point that he would be causing mayhem and all I had to do was sternly say "JC" and snap my finger and he would stop and  behave himself for a short time..I guess that made me the Alpha Monkey..anyways I'm studying in the library on Sunday afternoon [small college in a rural area..about 700 students]..and one of the co-eds found me and said C needs you..[if you were looking for me I was always easy to find..class..the library or the practice field]..well C had brought JC on campus..JC had escaped and went up an oak tree..there was a crowd around..so I asked everyone to back off a bit..I stood at the base of the tree.."JC" and snapped my fingers..he hesitated..again "JC" and another snap of the fingers and down he came..C got the leash on..and I went back to my studies....some day I'll have to relate the story of the time I kept one of his parrots for awhile..but that's for another day....
   Be safe..fare thee well and Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment