Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 30, 2020

[19:27 UTC-4]
[+43*F_rain_+39*F_winds:w/s/w@7 mph_humidity:90%_barometer:29:89"/\_overnight:Lo:+39*F]..
[rain to continue sporadically thru early morning Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+48*F/+27*F_cloudy]....
[Now Playing on:<Sink The Bismarck>]....
   It had been my firm intention to stay in my rooms today and wait to walk to Aldi tomorrow when there was no rain in the forecast..but when walking back from the lobby with my traditional afternoon toffee coffee past by one of the exits and saw one of the other residents outside smoking..and it wasn't raining so logged on to the "Weather Channel" website [that's the site I get the weather info that I  post on my blogs]..and there was a very inviting hour and a half hole in the rain..so went back to my rooms..got dressed for my walk..grabbed my sling bag and off I went..nothing out of the ordinary save for a small round of very good English cheddar..although they don't have it in stock all the time..in the Aldi's "finds" section there from time to time have a selection of very good imported cheeses at a very acceptable price..usually in four to six oz. rounds or wedges..now you are still paying 16 to 20 dollars a pound..[4 to 5 dollars for the round or wedge]..but I love good cheese and I am always willing to pay a little more to get it..besides I buy and pay slightly less for the good local cheese I cook with..New York State has some excellent cheddar and there is an Amish community that makes both cheddar and blue cheese..but the imported ain't for cookin' it's saved for eatin'..couple of thin slices of good cheese..and some good sausage..and a few crackers..wheat thins are my preferred choice..almost forgot..also some good olives, maybe some pepperoncini or some caper berries..make up one of my fav snacks....add a hard boiled egg or two..or maybe devil the eggs..and you've got a very fine light meal..I tend to rather than eat 3 big meals a day to rather eat four or five light meals/snacks during the day..
   Have spent the rest of the day quietly and mostly online..watched some of the movie "Fast Five" on HBO..earlier..but more often then not in the evening as I am tonight it's an older flick off Youtube..still a few things to deal with so I will bid you a Good-Day and Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment