Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 7, 2020

[17:47 UTC-5]
[+30*F/+22*F-windchill_Lo:+25*F_sunny_winds:southwest@9_humidity:52%_barometer:30.41\/]..
[Sunday's Hi/Lo:+45*F/+37*F_partly sunny]..[Monday's Hi/Lo:+56*F/+46*F_partly sunny]..
[Now Playing_MadTrollie's_{The Mix}_]....
   Over the next ten days the weather is definitely on the upswing to Spring..and today while on my walk I saw what up here is the true sign that spring is around the corner..no not the warming weather..and not the first sighting of the  American Robin..good old Robin red-breast..as i was walking I hear at a distance bird sound..and saw a crow sitting on the other side of street..but it didn't sound like a crow's caw..a few minutes later I heard "honk"_"honk"' and over my head flew a flock of Canada Geese..the true harbingers of Spring in the Northcountry of NYS..there are a vast number of the geese that spend Spring and early Summer in this area..and around where I live there are three ponds that were dug for drainage..but don't tell that to the geese..they seem to think that we built them as nurseries where they can rise their young..I spend many happy hours watching the little fuzzballs..you can watch and enjoy from a distance but if you get too close Mom &or Dad will explain to you with a hiss or two that you're too close..in fact the smaller of the 3 ponds is no more than 50' or so from the back door of the Hotel I live in..and I can watch them feed outside my window on the hotel lawns..however this time of year you have to be careful were you walk..they are very prolific with the amount of their..ah..droppings..which I refer to as Goose land mines..
   It was such a nice day in the upper 30s F without a cloud in the sky so after getting the few things I needed at Aldi..decided to extend my walk to the convenience store..was going to do that tomorrow..but was enjoying the bright sunny day far too  much to hurry back to my rooms..while at Aldi is spotted a small round of aged Irish cheddar..well I got it back to my rooms..cut the wax coating off and tasted a bit..and immediately decided that this as with the piece of British blue Stilton I have isn't cooking cheese but is "cut off a small piece and eat and enjoy slowly" cheese..and if they still have some next time I'm there you can guarantee that I'll pickup another round or two and store it..
   End of a pleasant and very enjoyable day is upon me so mill wish you a very good day.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment