Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

[18:46 UTC-4]
[+40*F_cloudy_winds:w/s/w@4 mph_humidity:69%_barometer:30.10"~_Tonight's Lo:+30*F]..
[Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+48*F/+37*F_cloudy]..[Now Playing:_{Have His Carcase}_]....
   Temperatures were in the lower 40s most of the day but had a couple of the usual fare that I needed at Aldi so walked just after 09:00..only a light breeze and the walk was quite pleasant..later in the afternoon decided that when I was at Dollar General the other day I should have picked up another six-pack of soda..Dr Pepper..in 7-1/2 oz. cans..I seldom drink soda but I like it every so often..but a 12 oz can is really more than I want and I rarely finish it..but as I started to return to my rooms..decided to continue my walk and walk the loop I usually use..sat for awhile at the sitting area on the corner of Arsenal and Western Blvd..although overcast it was actually a nice late winter/early spring day..continued my walk by way of the lobby and got my toffee coffee....
   I mention my old college housemate yesterday..along with JC the monkey..C also had a pair of amazon green parrots..Padro and Pedro..Pedro was molting and C asked if I'd keep Padro in my rooms for a couple of weeks which I did..my experience with Padro taught me a life lesson..never buy a second hand bird..I'd put him in his cage at night and cover the cage..in the morning you'd hear.."Get Padro the [blank} outta here..."[Padro's actual word has been censored]...so I'd let him out and he'd sit on his perch and say "Padro wants a [blanking] cracker..so I'd feed him..it was fall so I'd leave early in the morning for classes and then soccer practice..and then sometimes sturdy in the library in the evening but regardless of the time I got back I  was greeted with a "Where the [blank} have you been"..followed by "Padro wants a [blanking] cracker..I had been studying at my desk in my room the night before and had left my copy of Liddell & Scott..a classical greek/english lexicon open on my desk but had pushed my chair in..when I returned the next afternoon..he was sitting on the back of the chair..moving his head back and forth as if he was reading..muttering..[blanking...repeatedly]..said I "I doubt that's what's written there"..his reply "Where the [blank] have you been..Padro wants a [blanking] cracker"..the best part of this gag is that I was attending a very conservative..baptist bible college..if the profs and admins had ever seen old Padro..they would have h\ad the proverbial cow....and probably stoned the bird and kicked C and I out of the school.....
   Before I write another novella I wish you fair weather and a Good-day....

No comments:

Post a Comment