Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 26, 2020

[18:45 UTC-4]
[+56*F_rain_winds:west@11 mph_humidity:65%_barometer:29.76"\/_overnight Lo:+32*F]..
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:<{The Mix}><]....
   Although it's raining now the morning and early afternoon..while cloudy and a fairly brisk breeze was blowing was actually a very nice day for me run some errands..mid 40s when I walked to Aldi this morning..just after 09:00..nothing out of the ordinary save for the fact than have eyeing the packages of pencil thin asparagas for quite sometime decided that today was the day to buy some and see what I could do with them..so for mid day meal I decided to give them a go..now I've never cooked them in  a microwave before..and had not guess one as to how long to cook them..chopped them in 1/2 inch pieces..olive oil..butter..salt..pepper..basil..and marjoram..and popped them in the microwave for 1 minute..and to my relief were dang near perfect in tenderness..I hate mushy asparagas..I cooked off some green onion separate..but another time will cook them together..added some Asiago cheese and of course the liquid egg white and was quite pleased with the dish..this time I made them in the dish I use for my "main dish" for mid-day meal..but me thinks I'll probably make them again in a smaller dish as a side....
   And again just after 13:00..when the temperature was mid 50's..probably could have walked in my shirt sleeves but put my light vest windbreaker on so as to have pockets for my shades and readers..one question..do they really need the use such small letters when listing ingredients..dang..just picked up a few of the usual fare at both Ollie's and Dollar General..recently I've changed from Powerade zero sugar to the equivalent in Gatorade..better selection of flavors and more available..as a form soccer player/runner [track. cross-country & 20K road races I know the value of keeping hydrated..always drink some of the above when returning from my many walks.. particularly because my HBP meds contain a diuretic..keeping my fluid level up is important....
   Actually took the afternoon off from on-line game play and when I got back from my afternoon walk watch the last part of "The Outlaw Josey Wales" on the "old boob tube"....
   That time has come again to bid you farewell and Goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment