Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 16, 2020

[18:25 UTC-4]
[+43*F_overnight Lo:++37*F_sunny_winds:southeast@6 mph_humidity:30%_barometer:30.22"\/]..
[rain to begin around mid-night tonight and continue thru Tuesday about 13:00..Hi/Lo:+41*F/+26*F]..
[Now Playing on MadTrollie_{The Mix}_]....
   It was only in the upper 20s*F when I decided to walk this morning..but with the rain due overnight tonight thru Tuesday afternoon..there was almost no wind and the only clouds were little wisps on the horizon..stopped at T J Maxx but nothing caught my eye..then to Price Chopper..two kinds of peppers, an english cucumber & a bottle of prepared horseradish..and then to the convenience store for my dip..was a pleasant walk..had some time this afternoon..now New York State has a law that if a bank account is dormant for 2 years..no deposits or withdrawals..it can be ceased by the state..yup..I have an account which is my "safety net"..so periodically I've either withdraw or deposit a small amount..so decided to do that this afternoon..needed to stop at the ATM anyways to get my "10 day walkin' around money" so popped into the bank and made a small deposit..then using my multiple short cuts to Dollar General for a couple packages of cookies and a package of three small legal pads that I use to record my on-line play..very enjoyable walk temperatures in the mid-40's*F..and only a light breeze and again with the bright sunny day..on my way back I saw a mated pair of Canada geese..mom was chopping away on the grass and dad was full alert..if nature takes it's normal course we will be seeing in a couple of weeks many little fuzzballs..there growth rate is something..by early summer the will look just like the adults only slightly small..and once they are able to fly they fly else where to forage for food..basically this area with it's 3 available ponds is essentially their nursery..
   We reached a milestone on the group I'm a moderator for on FB.."The Farthest Side" earlier today we passed the 40'K mark in members..still a few things to do before I take my rest..and I foresee a sandwich in my immediate future so I'll take my leave..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment