Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, March 22, 2020

[19:21 UTC-4]
[+37*F_sunny_winds:e/n/e@8 mph_humidity:30%_barometer:30.60"\/_overnight Lo:+28*F]..
[Monday's Hi/Lo:+35*f/+33+F_snow changing to rain from late morning thru mid-evening]..
[Now Playing on "MadTrollie"_"The Mix"_]....
   Actually a very nice late winter/early spring day..I had spent the morning and early after noon as as I usually do on-line..attending to my mod duties on "The Farthest Side" and gaming..had one of my better days of late at the Poker table..[free site..only game money changes hands]..and also a decent day oh the sims I play and solitaire games..but around 14:00 I was feeling a little cooped up..and there was too nice of a day to let it slip by..so decided to walk but took mt sling bag..and as I took one of my short cuts thru the plaza parking lot just do the hill from my rooms..the parking lot was practically empty so decided to stop at Ollie's..a container of garlic powder [was almost out]..and 3 bags of assorted Claey's hard candies..and a nice chat with one of the clerks..then just a walk thru at the Thrift Store..nothing insisted on going home with me..then Dollar General..a bag of cheddar popcorn, a bag of Dove peanut butter filled dark chocolate, and a package of Genoa salami..and was going to head back up the hill to my rooms..but I was enjoying the day and the walk far too much so continued on the loop I often walk..took a sit-down in the small sitting area on the corner of Arsenal and Western Blvd...and then back to the hotel thru the lobby for a toffee coffee..and had a chat with one of the of residents..main topic was of course the Coronavirus deal..
   Now because of my 72 years on this rock in space I'm considered to be a higher risk than some..but I have none of the other risk factors..now I have no intention of being careless but on the other hand I have no intention of hiding in my rooms..the county I live in has only one confirmed case as of today..now if I lived in an urban area then I probably would listen to my internal hermit and hunker down..but I don't..I'll keep walking and running errands..with caution..and if I develop any symptoms..there's an urgent care facility right across the street and my Doc's a ten minute walk..and I see no viable reason to panic..I'm just not built that way..
   I wish thee farewell and Good-Day &or Night..whichever applies...

No comments:

Post a Comment