Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, March 13, 2020

[18:23 UTC-4]
[+40*F/+30*F-windchill-mostly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@21 mph_humidity:62%_barometer:29.88"/\]..
[Now Playing on Madtrollie_{Jazz/Big Bands}_]....
   I didn't walk today..had nothing to do with it being Friday the 13th..I do not suffer from Triskaidekaphobia..when I  played soccer at the small college level I wore the number 13..and thought it quite lucky..nor was it out of fear over the corona-virus pan-epidemic..but rather it rained overnight thru just after noon today..so I might have walked thereafter..once problem..the rains were accompanied by >20 mph winds..and although  the rains ceased the winds kept on blowing..I've mentioned before that I have a genetic disorder called essential tremors..what we used to call back in the day.."The Old Age Shakes"..but one of the other problems with it is that it causes balance issues..last Spring I had gone to the grocery store and on my way back the wind was blowing over 20 mph and it "caught" me just right [actually just wrong]..and it spun me around and if I hadn't had my cane..I would have taken a nose-dive right in the middle of one of the if not the busiest street in the small Upstate New York city I live in..ergo..if the winds is >20 mph..The MadTrollie stays in his comfortable rooms..However the weather on the morrow looks fine max winds of only 13 mph..which in the Northcountry of old New York..we refer to as a stiff breeze..living 20 miles "as the crow flies" from the east end of Lake Ontario it is a rare day indeed when there isn't at least a light breeze..so just a quick jaunt to Aldi is the plan....
   Just the /usual routine today..just a little TV while eating my mid-day meal..and the rest of the day on-line..just a calm..enjoyable day..which is not quite over as of yet..still things to accomplish and I foresee that there might be a sandwich in my immediate future..so I bid you a fond farewell..[if you'd like to check it out there's a link to "Essential Tremors" over in the side bar]...

No comments:

Post a Comment