Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

[18:36 UTC-4]
[+42*F_cloudy_winds:north@4 mph_humidity:44%_barometer:20.38"\/_overnight Lo:+36*F]..
[Now Playing: ""Strong Poison"_]....
   I took a short walk just a couple of hours ago when the weather was much like the above..more to walk then for ant really need for supplies..just wandered around Ollie's for awhile..ended up with a small container of cashews..a brief stop at the Thrift Store..browsed for awhile and found nothing that jumped of the shelves and demanded that it/they went home with me..and then to Dollar General..just a can of corned beef..I always keep a can in my "winter pantry" and had opened the one I had last night..and wanted to replace it..had a nice chat with J one of the clerks....
   As to the corned beef..last night..chopped up a couple of small red skinned potatoes..a little chopped white onion..and some shredded cabbage..no here I disagree with the labeling..it sold as "red cabbage"..how my disagreement is based on the simple fact that when cooked with liquid egg white the egg whites are colored blue..and I think it's far closer to purple than blue..but I digress..some decent cheddar and of course the liquid egg white..spiced simply with salt, pepper, mustard powder, and a dash of red pepper flake..and for mid-day meal today..parsnips instead of potatoes, green onion instead of white..and the disputed "red" cabbage made an encore appearance..long with the cheddar..along with the aforementioned spices..basil, sage, rosemary & thyme joined the cast of characters..and of course the cheddar and liquid egg whites..both dishes will definitely make encore appearance..later in the session..possibly tomorrow....
   Got a PM from my bro this afternoon..he and his better half have been spending a month in Florida..both are retired school teachers..they are leaving Sunday and should be back in the Northcountry..and is concerned about the availability of hotel/motel accommodation due to the Corona Virus deal..I check local news and apparently there has been only one confirmed case in Jefferson County [where I live]..so my best wishes and prayers are with my bro and this Mrs on their way back home..for safe travels....
   The end of the day is fast upon me..still things to do before I sleep..fair thee well and goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment