Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 2, 2021

 *[15:33 UTC-4]*[+54*F_partly cloudy_winds from the w/s/w@10 mph_humidity:67%_barometer:29.76"/\_overnight Lo:+47*F _overcast w/rain beginning about 19:00 and continuing intermittently thru most of Monday_winds southeast@5>10 mph_humid-ity:83%_Monday's Hi:+64*F_overcast w/intermittent rain_winds from the e/n/e@10>15 mph..humidity:75%_overnight Lo"+53*F_cloudy w/intermittent rain_winds from the e/n/3@5>10 mph_humidity:89%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
*[16:27 UTC-4]..I took one look at the current weather above..grabbed my hat & cane and went for a walk around the oft-men-tioned "loop" & a sit-down on the benches at the corner of Western Blvd &Arsenal St..just too nice of weather to waste in my rooms..was up about 03:00 and online before 04:00..and was all but done with my daily sim&solitaire games by just after 10:00 ..checked the radar and the rain was just north of us here..had a few things I needed at Ollie's & Dollar General..just a couple of spices & a couple of packages of Claeys' hard candy @Ollie's & a bag of ripple chips@Dollar General..and back to my rooms..it did "spit" a little rain during my walk but nothing significant..then finished up with a few more games..spent sometime posting to and tending to the FB groups where I'm either a mod or an admin..not too of a busy today..and started my draft on "Trollie's Game Room" for tomorrow..was in a lazy mood so just grabbed a pre-made rib sandwich from the freeze..2 minutes in the microwave..ripple chips and a diet Coke..and off to "Pokerist"..played just over an hour..actually got to play some "real" poker for a change and a successful session..finished today's post to "TGR" & started this one..but as I aforementioned..just too nice of a day..and with the forecast for the next few days my last chance until maybe Thursday to get out..get some exercise and breath the fresh air..although I have lived in this small city for 50+ years..I'm a country boy at heart..I spent my youth in a rural area to the east of Buffalo NY..and as an older teen spent sometime helping the local farmers during haying season..also there was a large garden that needed weeding and a coop of chickens that needed to be feed and once a week..the straw & their dropping to be removed and placed in the compost pile..a simpler life..which I oft-times miss..well..all except the aforementioned cleaning of the chicken coop..don't miss that atall..../....just a few details to "iron out" before I take my rest..ergo.."nite all"....
....[16:49 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment