Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 24, 2021

 *[17:04 UTC-4]]*[*72*F_sunny_winds from the west@5 mph_humidity:38%_barometer:30:26"\/_overnight Lo:+54*F_mostly clear_winds to the s/s/w@5>10 mpg_humidity:63%_Tuesday's Hi:82*F_mostly cloudy_with a slight chance of a stray rain or T-storm_winds from the s/s/w@10>20 mph_humidity:65%_overnight Lo:+68*F..partly changing to mostly cloudy_with a slight chance of rain_winds from the s/s/w@10>20 mph_humidity:71%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
*[18:16 UTC-4]*..After posting the above I decided to have a sit-down on the back lawn in the shade of "'Ye Olde Oak Tree".. grabbed my folding chair & a bottle of Sunkist Orange & headed out ..only to find that they were in the process of mowing the back lawn..so  decided to sit just outside the entry way & watch..one of the reasons I love living here in the hotel is I can watch someone else mow the grass..I grew up rural to the east of  Buffalo NY..& as a teen it was my task to mow the the lawns around our house..approximately an acre & a half..with a old style gas mower which was not self-propelled..you pushed it..in fact when I owned a house in the small city I live in I had so little lawn that I had an old style push mower..& the only power came from me pushing it..but the lawn was so small anything else just would have been "over-kill"..but I'm glad my grass mowing days are be-hind me..& don't even get me started on shoveling or blowing snow..another job that I no-longer have to do..../....decent nights sleep..up just after 03:30 & by the time I logged on to play poker I had except for my postings everything pretty well in hand..so just after 09:00 with the day well in hand I decided to take a walk..first to the Doc's office..I had received over the weekend the bill from my April appointment so took the short walk to his office with my checkbook in-hand & took care of that..then off to Big Lots ..just for a look but found nothing that jumped off the shelf into my basket..& a quick stop at Aldi..only needed bananas but as I walked by the display of meats decided to get a package of mixed italian cold cuts..and after 2nd meal a walk to Dollar General for 2 more 20 oz bottles of Sunkist & a 6-pack of Dr Pepper..../....except for a meal..maybe some TV & a couple of look-ins on my FB groups..my day is done..with the weather forecast for tomorrow unless something pops up..it is my intent to stay in my rooms with the HVAC set to "cool"..ergo.."nite all"....[18:41 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment