Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

 *[18:05 UTC-4]*[+82*F_partly cloudy_winds from the southwest@12_humidity:55%_barometer:29.94"\/_overnight lo:+69*F _part;y cloudy>cloudy_a chance of a stray rain or T-storm_winds from the southwest@10>20 mph_humidity:68%_\Wednesday's Hi:+81*F_cloudy w/scattered/isolated T-storms from 10:00>20:00..some severe_chance of rain 60%_winds from the south-west@10>20_humidity:65%_overnight:+48*F_cloudy_winds from the west@10>15 mph_humidity:86%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
    I sat-just before 18:00 to check the weather as I always do before posting here..I had been thinking of penciling in a little shopping trip tomorrow..that is until  I saw tomorrows forecast..forget that idea,,was up just after 04:00 this morning and by just after 12:00 had all today's postings to "Trollie's Game Room" competed & posted..& had set up my play-sheets for tomorrow & had checked tomorrow's TV schedule..and by just after 16:00 had started the draft for tomorrows postings & decided to take a walk round the oft-mentioned "loop"..but I decided to slow my usual pace..it takes me awhile every spring/summer to adjusted to the hot/humid weather..of which I am not particularly fond..I read years ago that the body tends to adjust to the most common extreme & in these parts that ain't hot & humid..in the Northcountry winters a wind-chill of -25*F or lower is not uncommon..I remember a day several years ago when the actually temperature was -55*F & we had 50>55 mph winds..making the windchill -100*F or lower..only day I can remember that the city just shutdown for cold weather..according to what I read hypothermia & frost-bite could have occurred in under a minutes..when I was running a shipping/receiving department many years ago it was not uncommon to be outside for extended periods in -40*F windchills..but I had learned to dress for the conditions..heat/humidity..you can only legally take off so much clothes..ergo..my preferred tactic for hot/humid days is stay in my rooms with the HVAC on "cool"..../....Shower & meds taken..evening meal consumed..all that is left to do a couple more check-in on my FB groups..maybe a little more TV or wandering around Youtube..anyways & ergo.."nite all"....[18:42]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment