Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 31, 2021

 *[18:28 UTC-4]*[+67*F_sunny_winds from the southwest@11 mph_humidity:34%_barometer:30:18\/_overnight Lo:+53*F_partly cloudy_winds from the southwest@10>15 mph_humidity:58%_Tuesday's Hi:+73*F_partly cloudy>sunny_winds from the w/s/w@ 10>20 mph_humidity:50%_overnight Lo:+54*F_clear_winds from the s/s/w@5-10 mph_humidity:64%]*[On MT-Today's Playlist]*
   Today is Memorial Day in the USA..It began in 1868 to honor those who had died in the American Civil War & was called Decoration Day..over the years all causalities of war & all veterans were added to those to be honored & was held on May 30th every year..the name was changed to "Memorial Day" in 1967 & moved to the last Monday in May in 1968..from 1961>1965 as a member of my high school I participated in Parades & memorial services in the local cemeteries..& was honored to do so..despite the fact that it meant marching in hot weather in wool West Point style uniforms with high collars..& I tend under such conditions to sweat profusely..but all four of my uncles & my dad were veterans of WWII..but I fear as time has past many people only view it as the first 3 day weekend in the warmer weather..../....because of the area we lived in then & where I live now the weekend was always the time that we would plant our gardens..by that time the chance of a frost were minimal..../....Had the majority of my online day done by just before 12:00 took a walk just before noon & when I got back since I didn't intend to buy anything today sat down to do the daily budget numbers & realized tomorrow would be the day for my run to the bank for my "10 day walking around money" so took the short walk up to the ATM & took care of it today.../....just before taking my shower & taking of the meds had me a nice sit-down in the shade of "ye olde oak tree"..started a draft to "Trollie's  Game Room"..check weather..& sat down to write this post..nothing left to do before I take my rest save a final check-in on my FB groups..a meal & maybe a little TV..ergo.."nite all"....[18:58 UTC-4]..../....

No comments:

Post a Comment