Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

(10:14 AM UTC-4)
(+82*F.....sunny)
( My Mix YouTube)
  Already took my walk, had a few things either to pickup or check out, and I would not normally walk when it's this hot, but the temperature today maybe in the 90s......now I realize that in some areas it gets much warmer but not here....I read a long time ago that the body adapts to the most common extreme.....and here high temperatures and high humidity is the most extreme, extreme.....except for 9 semesters in college, I have lived in the lee of one of the great lakes......first Erie and now Ontario....snow and cold are the most common extreme......one year ('77) we got 270+ inches of snow.....and a couple of years before that we had a day when it was -55*F...w/55MPH winds.windchill in  excess of -100*F....windchill and or hypothermia could set in in under a minute......now that's our common extreme....besides at 70 years old I really don't have much tolerance for either extreme......or any extreme at all for that matter.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment