Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 20, 2018

(1:36 PM UTC-4)
(+64*F......cloudy)
( a gospel mix)
  I decided to take a walk this AM down to Dollar General and Ollie's.....which I can easily get to with a short cut.....just for somethings for my pantry...really could have waited a couple of days....but felt like a walk and figured I "kill 2 birds w/one stone" and then decided to make a quick stop at the ATM for some pocket money which took the short cut out of play.....so I'm walking down the sidewalk of the busy street I live by, and got to the point to take the road into the Plaza that the two stores are in......but was thirsty and then thought that I needed a few things from Price Chopper, so bypassed the entry and further up to a convenient store for a bottle of water and then across the street to Price Chopper, and as I was standing there after Price Chopper to cross back to my side of the street, decided I was on the same side of the street for a quick stop at Aldi ( well as quickly as a gimpy old man w/cane can be).....then back across the street......now Arsenal Street is one of the busiest streets in the small city I live in and where I live is at the edge of one of the most popular shopping areas in town ( which is why I live here) now the posted speed limit is 30 MPH.....which is NOT enforced......average speed is more like 45 MPH+....and the drivers tend to be distracted and when the walk light tells me to walk turn arrows are also on......so many times I need to avoid cars that have little respect for crosswalks......and playing bumper cars with SUVs is not high on my list......one would have got me today if I hadn't stopped......I can't see much future for me as a hood ornament on a SUV......but as I continued my journey I past my lodgings and my back and legs suggested that we were home, so I never did get to the two places I had originally intended to stop at.....but there's always tomorrow, or later in the day today.....and I might need another excuse to walk  

No comments:

Post a Comment