Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

(7:58 PM UTC-4)
(+68*F....sunny)
(Brahms "A German Requiem")
  A beautiful day had a couple stops to make, and thought I had timed my walk to be at Aldi when it opened at 9AM but got there about 5 minutes early and there was a long queue waiting to get in ......what I didn't know was that twice in May, they sell potted plants and hanging baskets.....and put them down the center of one aisle.....what a traffic jam......in many ways it reminded me of pigs one of my friends dad raised at feeding time at the trough.....funny to watch..but they had the aisle plugged and I had to detour to get the food items I wanted......which included some imported german smoked knockwurst....(or knackwurst.....can be spelled either way) never had the smoked variety before but it was excellent, I love all sausages in general but knockwurst in particular......a little iced tea...some potato salad..and the knockwurst just as is hot and dipped in good whole grain mustard.........did you know why you never take a seagull for a knockwurst lunch...."you'd be taking a tern for the wurst"  (sorry..but not really)......past that battle for the knockwurst it's been a quiet day......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment