Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

[10:30 UTC-5]
[+29*F..cloudy..calm..humidity: 86% barometer: 30.17 /\..nice tomorrow high temp. in the mid-40s F..rain beginning around 21:00 through 11:00 Friday and then seasonal weather through Monday..high temp. in the mid-40s F]..Now playing:[Purcell]..]
   For the most part was a quiet, restful day..took some time to just sit and watch some TV..some shows I really like..a little NCIS  re-runs and the movie King Arthur[2004...besides the cast several actors that I like..rather than place it in the middle ages the movie is set at the end of Roman rule in Britain..and Arthur is the last Roman commander..whether accurate or not it is any interesting take on the myth..
   Took a mid-morning walk to Price Chopper..the usual peppers. onions et al..I am very picky about what tuna I buy..and revert to  my child hood when the only tuna you ever saw was chuck..in a can..in oil..I find the trend to flaked..in a package..in water..distasteful..but Price Chopper carries an imported brand of chunk..in a can..in extra-virgin-olive-oil..and despite the fact that I am quite frugal [although there are those who would call me a "penny pincher"]..I will pay more for a product that I prefer..but if I can find a less price in a store brand than a name brand..and I think in taste they are equal I'll buy the store brand..I'm not buying the label..I'm buying what's in side..also found a brand of mustard powder my mom used..more expensive that what I was getting..but it is a much better product..same thing with mayo..I  only buy Hellmann's olive oil mayo..
  well the end of the day is upon me and things to deal with before I sleep..a good night to you all..
   

No comments:

Post a Comment