Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 24, 2019

[20:56 UTC-5]
[+36*F..+30*F w/wind-chill..winds: w/s/w@ 6 mph..barometer: 85%..Barometer: 29.55" /\ ]..
[Now Playing:[Vivaldi]..]
   The weather Monday Tuesday is forecast to be in the mid-40s F and no rain..rain predicted for Wednesday..with predicted high temperature of 50*..Now Thursday is the 'Thanksgiving Holiday" [link]..it's usual a family gathering and a meal featuring a whole roast turkey..weather forecast for this Thursday in these parts are AM snow showers..but not an unusual occurrence this time of the year..a few years ago we got 3 feet of snow Thanksgiving evening..and that is followed by "Black Friday" historically the day that the stock market crashed in the New York City in 1929 starting the great depression [link] but now the day after Thanksgiving "Black Friday" takes on a rather differnt meaning..it's the unofficial start of the Christmas Shopping season..and most of the retail stores fav special sales..usually the busiest shopping day here in the USA..
   I got a pm on messenger yesterday from my bro..inviting me to a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thursday..as to my plans for Black Friday..my intentions our to barricade myself in my rooms..the hotel potion of the facility I live in will probably be packed with shoppers and be an absolute mad house..[I live in the residential wing of the building]..besides I have no intention of battling the crowds..the good thing is the the food markets will probably be empty if I do need to get some food stuffs..but I might be crazy but even I'm not nuts enough to go to any of the retail stores before Monday next..
   must fly..I'm approaching the time I would  have to re-enter my WiFi password which I don't want to do..still a few things to attended to online..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment