Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

[19:45 UTC-5]
[+31*F..cloudy..calm..humidity: 72%..barometer: 29.92" /\]
[Now Playing: a mix of tradition European music [listen]]..
   It was actually quite a nice day for this time of year..most of the day it was partly sunny and temperatures were in the mid to upper 30s F..but for a late Autumn day here in the Northcountry of New York State..it's pretty normal weather..took my usual walk to Big Lots..they didn't have the one spice I was looking for but they did have a jar of Harissa a Moroccan spice I have wanted to try..and a few other items I typically get there..so since it was on my way back to my rooms to see if Aldi had it..oops..dried mustard power..they didn't but they did have ground clove..which I also have wanted to try..and while there got another wedge of sheep's milk cheese..and just before dark..[sunset today was at 16:33:50 UTC-5]..checked at Ollie's they didn't have the spice either..but ended up with a bag of good dark chocolate candy..and a pair of copper infused gloves..my hands have been stiff and sore of late..probably to much mouse & keyboard action..early days but me thinks they might be helping a little..and a stop at Dollar General for a bottle of Powerade zero sugar..good hydration is an important element of dealing with the cold weather..
   A cartoon posted on "The Farthest Side" today reminded me of an incident that occurred many years ago..Summer of 1972..I was working the 4 pm to 12:20 am shift at the plant and lived north of the city..on my way home up US 11..there was a long 45 mph speed zone..I was driving a '65 VW bug..and a car was tailgating me with the high beams on..I drove that road everyday so knew there was a spot I could pull off and let the other car..I was doing maybe 43 mph..so I used my turn signal and pulled off and park..at that point..the flashing lights went off and he pulled in front of me..cutting me off..dang..I knew what was happening..he was trying to get me to speed up so he could give me a ticket..I was tired and in no mood to put up with this nonsense.. so this county cop..comes back to the card..[I had long hair and wearing an American Flag sweatshirt]..and he says "License and Registration"..said 1.."May I have your name and badge number..Sir" a reasonable request which by law he must give if asked..he replied "Why"..said I "because I intend to make a citizens arrest and charge you with tailgating with you high beams on"..after a brief pause.."Well you can go"..oy vey..
   I'm off to finish up my online day..a good night to you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment