Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 29, 2019

[20:02 UTC-4]
[+24*F..cloudy..winds: 2 mph..humidity: 78%..barometer: 30.30" \/ ]
[Now Playing: Hornblower: "The Frogs & The Lobsters" [watch/listen]]..
   The facility I live in is having trouble with the WiFi..and is being worked on..so this posting may be very short..interrupted..and finish sometime later..
   Because of all the "Black Friday Sales" which continue through the weekend..[start of the Christmas shopping season]..which because of the late date for The Thanksgiving celebration the "season" is 6 days shorter than last year..Thanksgiving by federal law is always celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November [in the USA]..the hotel that the residence building that I live in is booked solid for the weekend..just pretty lousy timing for WiFi issues..
   It was my original intent to walk just to Price Chopper this morning and then to Aldi tomorrow..all I really needed was horseradish root..and some garlic..and a baguette..which they didn't have..oy vey or any rolls I like..but spotted some nice small potatoes..and got a bottle of Adobo spice [ah another new word for the spell-check dictionary]..was almost out..found some in other stores but all I had found so far had Sazon added [ that's two new words to the dictionary in the same run on sentence]..now I have Sazon and use it but not every time I use the Adobo..found the same brand I've been using and was very happy with [Goya]..besides I had forgot to use my built up value card refund earlier in the week and it disappears at the end of the month..so extended the walk to Aldi..and got what I had intended to buy there tomorrow and some rolls as well..
   Still have a few things to attend to both on and off line so good night to  you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment