Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 3, 2019

[19:11 UTC-4]
[+38*F..rain..winds: west@9 mph..humidity: 80%..barometer: 30.12" /\..rain will crease in a few hours..and return late Monday through most of Tuesday..dry Wednesday..but rain and possibly snow on Thursday..Sunrise tomorrow: 06:44..Sunset: 16:49..Now Playing: ["A Scandal in Bohemia"]..]
   When I awoke this morning..as usual played some poker on a free online site for about an hour..after I went to the window..drew the drapes and there was a light dusting of snow on the ground..which the rains quickly erased..and when checking the weather there was a banner drawing mt attention to the that the county I leave in was under a river flood warning..The Black River which runs through the county before emptying into Late Ontario..was 12' above it's normal level..and  2' above flood stage..I live about a mile or so from the river..but as it "cuts: through" the small city I live in..it flows in deep gorge..but the farm lands to east and west of the city are in danger..roads flooded..basements flooded..a dangerous situation..but it has been a particularly rainy Autumn so far..I've had to deal with the flooding a couple of times because the plant I worked at for many years was on the banks of the Black River..had as the shipping/receiving/warehousing supervisor I was directly involved in getting things out of the way of the rising waters..once work an almost 24 hours shift on Easter Sunday when the spring thaws flooded the river..
  Except for three trips to the lobby once to get my muffin and yogurt for breakfast, and twice for a cup of toffee coffee..besides the continuing dampness of the weather of late..my knees have been bothering me a little..so although a quite day..It's also been a little uncomfortable..but once the transition between seasons has ended usually the problem lessens..[knock wood]..
  Still things to accomplish both on and off line..before I call it a day..nite all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment