Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 21, 2019

[17:07 UTC-5]
[+39*F..partly cloudy..winds: southeast@5 mph..humidity: 74%..barometer: 29.98" \/..]
[rain forecast to begin at 18:00 to night through 09:00..winds will increase through out the night and early morning hours and beginning around 08:00 through the afternoon be in excess of 20 mph..]
[Now Playing: Purcell Overtures..[listen]..]..
   As I write this it's 16:48 UTC-5, and the sunset was 17 minutes ago..oy vey..as above the weather for the next several hours will not be fit for man or beast..even when the rains cease the 20+ mph winds will continue..and winds of above even 15 mph can cause me difficulties..as I have mentioned several times before I have essential tremors and because of this I have balance issues..and if I got caught just right with a gust of wind it could quite literally get knocked off my feet..I've got spun around once before and with the help of the cane regained my balance without falling..but to the wind I repeat that old adage "Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice shame on me"..ergo..if the  wind approaches 20 mph I stay in..besides I was aware earlier this week of the potential of bad weather both today and tomorrow..so ran all necessary errand earlier in the week..and had no plans to go out either today or tomorrow..
   So have spent the day as I prefer to do..quietly in my rooms..watched a little TV..but have spent the rest of the day online..and a few things that needed to be done around my rooms..and plan to spend the day tomorrow as I have spent to day in my rooms..besides forecast looks good for Saturday..with rain/snow returning both Sunday and Monday..so will take care of what needs to be attended to then..besides Aldi will deliver..and my "winter [aka: bad weather] pantry" is  well stocked..so I will bid you a good night and a better tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment