Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 28, 2019

[21:04 UTC-4]
[+27*F..+18*F w/chill-wind..cloudy..winds: north@9 mph..humidity: 76%..barometer: 30.33" /\ ]
[snow forecast for Sunday..other than that..no snow in the forecast for the next 5 days..daytime high temperatures all five day one side or the other of +30*F..Now Playing..an eclectic mix..]..
   I returned to my rooms after a very nice traditional Thanksgiving meal and a nice chat with my bro..just before 18:00 this evening..they live in Carthage NY..about 25 miles to the east of where I live..when I awoke this morning we had not gotten the predicted snowfall..but they did..although only an inch or two..now both my bro and his wife Kathy are foodies..so I took her a wedge of the Romanian cave cheese, a wedge of sheep's milk cheese and a bottle of caper berries..she was quite pleased..in fact put the caper berries on the relish tray...I don't get to see them as often as I would like but with me no longer driving it is difficult..besides the spend a few weeks in Florida ever winter..they have 3 grown kids who live all over the map..a daughter that teaches English as a second language in Slovakia [plays on a Celtic football team]..a son who is a lawyer in NYC [soccer/tennis]..a another daughter in Vermont..works for a lumber company..a graduate of the  NYS School of Forestry [and competes in Lumber Jill competitions]..my bro and his wife are both retired school teachers..and travel a lot to see their kids..
   On my return have been trying to pickup the threads as it were of my online activities..pretty well got done what could be done..and I hate to admit it but the day's activities has tired out the gimpy, grumpy old Trollie..and my next activity will be tucking myself into bed..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment