Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 23, 2019

[20:26 UTC-5]
[+31*F..+25*F w/wind-chill..winds: southeast@6 mph. humidity: 70%..barometer: 29.35" \/ ]
[ no rain forecast for tomorrow..daytime high temp. in the lower 40s F..intermittent rain forecast for Monday..daytime high temp. in the mid-40s F..Now Playing:"Bach: The Brandenburg Concertos"]..
   I had been to Aldi yesterday..usually take that walk every three or four days..but when I was trying to rustle up a sandwich last night discovered that my salami and ham cold cuts had seen there better days..oy vey..but had planned to walk in the other direction today to T J Maxx..and maybe Price Chopper..but although the temperature was in the mid-30's felt colder..got another bottle of capers..and as I walked towards Price Chopper..decided I was on the right side of the street so walked down to Aldi and got some salami and prosciutto..as luck/fate/&or/karma dictated I had the same girl who had checked out my groceries yesterday..she teased me a little about that..well I deserved that..and besides I have been know to tease her a little from time to time so turn about is fair play..she a nice kid..and I have that kind of a relationship with the vast majority of all the checkout and sales clerks I deal with in this area..if I'm in aisle and a clerk apologies to me for being in my way..I  always respond "I'm retired..You're working..I'm in Your way"..do the same  with the housekeeping staff..
   Had an "Old-Timer's Moment" today..or rather an "Old-Timers hour+" just flat forgot or was distracted and missed a chip drop on the free poker site I play by almost an hour..in my defense..actually I have  no defense..dummkopf..the klutz in me struck again..
   I'm still having trouble dealing with the changes that have been made to my blogger "dashboard"..the control center as it where for posting and modifying my blogs..the changes have been made to make it easier for peeps to access their blogs from a smartphone..which is great news..if you have a smartphone..which I do not..I am just finding it a royal pain in the tuckus..I'm not against change..if it makes sense..but for me this one is just something I have to deal with..I'm just used to the old style..oy vey
   Just a couple more things to deal with online..sign off..grab a late night snack and off to bed..a good night to you all..    

No comments:

Post a Comment