Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 22, 2019

[20:17 UTC-5]
[+31*F..+22*F w/wind-chill..winds" west@10 mph..humidity: 61%..barometer: 29.96" /\]..
[forecast for Saturday and Sunday have changed..now both days no rain &/or snow with daytime highs in the lower 40s F..Now Playing:"Today's My Mix"..]
   If you lived in the Northcountry as I do you would be used to the every changing weather forecasts..because of the potential of change based on the fact that Lake Ontario is less than 20 miles to the west of where I live and the slightest change in the wind direction can be a major factor in our weather..we live by the adage "If you don't like the weather..wait 15 minutes..and it could change"..now whether that change will be for the better or the worse..flip a coin and call it in the air..
   Despite what I wrote last night..I decided to brave the high winds..needed bananas..or rather I probably was bananas to walk to day..but except for a close in-counter of the driver who obviously either didn't see me..was in a hurry..and his/her cellphone..or forgot that a pedestrian under New York State traffic code..when in a crosswalk with the "walk light" has the right-of-way..but I was just under 1/2 way across when I saw him/her coming..so had time to evade..but they chopped the corner..and it was closer than what I find comfortable..oy vey...
  Also walked later in the day to Ollie's and Dollar General..nothing I needed urgently..but frankly just to get out of my rooms and getting so fresh air..but my "shortcut" was passable so had no need to cross the street..[I'm off to button up "Trollie's Game Room" for the night..will finish this later]..[20:00]..[20:15]..
  Still have a few things to attend to both on and off line..so I  bid you a goodnight..

No comments:

Post a Comment