Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 14, 2019

[18:24 UTC-5]
[+33*F..w/wind-chill +24*F..cloudy..winds: south@10 mph..humidity: 60%..barometer: 30.18" ~]..
[snow and winter mix forecast for most of tomorrow..temperature in the lower 30's F]
[Now Playing:["The Best of Gershwin"]]..
   The forecast for tomorrow had changed..when I looked last night..it was predicted to be a tad warmer and more rain than snow..but now looks like it will be winter mix..now I hadn't intended to venture out tomorrow but thought that if we got the rain originally predicted the sidewalks would be clear Saturday so decided to wait and take the "long walk"..T J Maxx..Price Chopper..Aldi..and maybe Big Lots..but with the conditions in doubt..decided to walk today to Price Chopper and T J Maxx..got some assorted peppers, a parsnip or two..a nice size horseradish root..a couple of bottles of what I call "21st Century Kool Aid"..little squeeze bottles with fruit flavoring for water..and a pre-packed meal of egg plant pram..and up to T J Maxx..a bottle of mixed pepper corns.. and another bottle of dry shallots..the sidewalks were a mess..in spots I don't think that any effort has been made to clear them..so fortunately the traffic was light and I spent most of the walk on the side of the street..I was hoping that if we got the rain original predicted that my short cut to the plaza with Ollie's, Dollar General & "The Thrift Store" would be open..have to wait and see until Saturday..if so will probably go there Saturday PM..Aldi in the morning..if not and I  have to go the long way..maybe Sunday..
   Except for the hour I was out this morning have spent the day quietly as is my custom..just  the usually online activities..still a few things to do before I that my rest..nite all...[19:49]..just found this Winter Weather Advisory in my FB news feed...I live in Jefferson County...oy vey..[pix best viewed if you open it in a new window]

No comments:

Post a Comment