Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

[19:47 UTC-5]
[+38*F..clear..winds: south@2 mph..humidity: 86%..barometer: 30.03" /\..rain predicted starting around 12:00 tomorrow through 05:00 Thursday..changing to snow through 09:00...we also are under a high wind advisory from 13:00 tomorrow through 01:00 Thursday..[have posted a copy of the advisory in the footer]..[Now Playing:..[Mozart et al]..]
   Walked just after 10:00 this morning..Big Lots and Aldi..just a few things to last me to the weekend..weather [see above] for tomorrow is not conducive for a walk..and besides the day before the Thanksgiving Holiday is not a good day to go grocery shopping any ways..one of the busiest days of the year for food markets..and most places are closed on Thursday..that is that some of the retail stores will open in the evening and stay open all-night..for the shopping spree..that is this weekend,,the start of the Christmas rush..now if I followed my usual pattern I would have gone to the ATM Friday to draw off my checking my 10 day walking around money..and probably when the bank was closed..I was fortunate that I went this afternoon just after 14:00..because I got a slip saying the transaction couldn't be completed..I thought I had fixed the snafu with my address a couple months ago..but there was still a problem..so went in to the bank..took almost 40 minutes but now I think we've got the problem fixed..[knock wood]..if the bank had been closed and I got  that slip..no explanation what the problem was..it would have driven me nuts..B.P [he was a traveling rep for the company we both worked for]..I was having a very stressful day...and said "One of these days this place is going drive me crazy"..he responded "No need to drive you crazy..you're so close all I'd have to do is take your hand and walk you across the street"..we played on the same volleyball team..but on different teams in the same "slow-pitch-softball" league..and to say that we were highly competitive would be an understatement..
   Still things to do before I take my rest..good night to you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment