Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 16, 2019

[19:28 UTC-5]
[+17*F..+9*F w/windchill..clear..winds: northeast@6 mph..humidity: 55%..barometer: 30.58" /\ ]
[Sunday..sunny..daytime highs in the mid-30's F..Now Playing:[Today's My Mix]..
   The weather wasn't perfect this morning but since last Saturday mid afternoon I had only been out twice..once to Aldi on Tuesday and on Thursday to Price Chopper and T J Maxx..and although I had plenty of food in the "winter pantry" I was running low on fresh food which I prefer to  have in my diet..so headed east to Aldi..except for the short piece of sidewalk to get to the walk light button..the sidewalks by-enlarge were actually clear and dry..so I got to the "button"..dang thing was frozen and inoperative..but I know the light sequence like the back of my hand..got everything I went for plus a wedge of sheep's milk cheese..was going to add it to my egg white dishes..then I tasted some later..and decided that it deserved to be eaten on a cracker and enjoyed..on the way back to my rooms stuck my head out the back door and decided that my short cut to Ollie's..The Thrift Store and Dollar General would  be passable..so just unloaded my sling back and off I went..well it was barely passable..with great care over a hard packed snow bank..but the problem was once you got over the bank there was several feet of glare ice..which I got over very gingerly..but decided not to test fate again and take the long way..got a tin of danish style butter cookies and some beef jerky at Ollie's..a quick look at The Thrift Store"..and a jug of veggie juice at Dollar General..and the long way back..one look at the sidewalks..these are to the west of my lodgings..and I wished I had tempted fate and taken the short cut..so walked back to my rooms in the street..traffic was intermittent..and I picked my spots and got back safe..but I was walking "against" the traffic flow and could see the cars coming..if I had to walk with the flow probably would have back tracked and tempted fate one more time..in theory there is a local ordnance that sidewalks are supposed to be cleared within 24 hours of a snowfall..but in this area of the city it is seldom enforced..obviously..but with the short pit-stop to unload my purchases from Aldi was out for an hour and a half..and it felt good..
   And as /usual several things to do both on & off line..so will bid you a good night... 

No comments:

Post a Comment