Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, November 18, 2019

[18:51 UTC-5]
[+34*F..+28*F w/wind-chill..winds: n/n/e@7 mph..humidity: 73%..barometer: 29.81" \/]
[weather Tuesday through Thursday..partly cloudy/cloudy..daytime highs in the upper 30s F to lower 40's..rain/snow forecast for Friday..pretty typical weather for the Northcountry of NYS for this time of year..Now Playing:["The Best of Telemann"]..]
   The weather the last few days and through the end of the week has been-will be quite seasonal for this area and this time of year..although the temperature has been just above freezing for the most part the sidewalks are clear and dry..and the spots that aren't are at l,east passable with a bit of caution..Walked just after 10:00 this morning to Aldi..and except for a few feet to get to  the walk button the sidewalks were clear and dry..just the usually food stuffs except another wedge of sheep's milk cheese and a pre-made Stromboli..[link]..basically an over-sized hot pocket..and on the way back to my rooms realized that the sidewalks to the west which were awful last Thursday when I walked to Price Chopper and T J Maxx..so bad I ended up walking on the side of the street..one of the busier ones in the small city I live in..were at least passable w/care..and since I did need to stop  at the convenience at some point this week decided "on the fly" [link] as it were to extend my walk and do that then..was out about an hour but got much accomplished...but while walking to the east the once section of sidewalk that had been a mess was now passable..so mid-afternoon grabbed my checkbook and the Doc's bill that came last week..and made the short but now possible walk to the Doc's and paid the bill for my October visit..since I had gone to Big Lots Sunday..I was planing to not take my usual walk there tomorrow..senior discount day..10% off..but while preparing my mid-day meal realized I was almost out of powdered mustard..and went to the pantry for the backup..and remembered that I had looked at Ollie's and they were out..but know that Big Lots routinely carries it..so probably will go tomorrow..
   Rest of the day has been as usual a little TV and a whole lot of time online..still a few things that need doing..so I bid you a good nite and a better tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment