Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, September 3, 2005

I was just flicking channels tonight and caught the second half of USA vs. Mexico world cup qualifier. Deep on the cable, unfortunately, USA won and qualified for Germany with three games left. Also blows my mind that the regional which includes north, central America and the Caribbean has tw0 of the top 6 ranked teams in the world, USA (6) and Mexico (5)……along time ago I played small college soccer………..sorry but it’s football ever where but North America………..I love the game……….I was never fast but through hard work and total insanity in the way I played was a decent center midfielder, at a small college level, it’s a beautiful game.

Had a frustrating early part of the day, needed a controller for my PC. Only have one game that uses a controller, finally found one after an hour + and 5 stores and then couldn’t get my PC to see it. Need the ME disc, which I can’t find and assume disappeared with my wife when she took off, although I can’t figure why she would have taken it because her machine ran XP. Other then just being vindictive………but that’s another story………..

The rest of the day has been quiet and uneventful…….

Made ground beef pasta tonight for dinner, which could easily double as a batch of barbecue beef, as usually did a lousy job of matching the amount of pasta to the amount of sauce, this time way to much sauce for too little pasta………..rats…….but the sauce is off the wall……….

Not a bad Sunday is before me, we are canceling evening service because of the long weekend, so just the typical 3.5 hours for the two morning services and I’m done………don’t get me wrong I love what I do every Sunday………but at times it is exhausting……….and starting in October I have a 2.5 hour rehearsal ever Sunday afternoon for north country choral……….which I am addicted to………but it makes for probably the busiest and most exhausting day of the week……….and I wouldn’t miss this season for the world……….lately NNC has been doing more contemporary music………..in fact in honor of our 50th year we commissioned a work last year by Paul Halley………an awesome piece of music and the first time in my 52 years of performing choral music that I have ever been part of a world premier……….but we are going back to our roots and doing the Christmas messiah……….and that’s why I sing choral music……..

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 PM

    A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Here's a subject that interests many; mayan culture in respect to info on mayan culture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Trackback Spammers Breach TypePad Defenses
    What I find particularly ironic is that this blog, and others I read, have pinged Seth's blog and not shown up as trackbacks - and yet the trackback spammers have found a way to get high-class referrals from ...
    Your blog gets right to the point... just what I like. Keep up the good work! Will check back frequently to see what's going on.

    When you get a chance can you also check out my compare and save on laptops web site/blog. It's great if you're interested in compare and save on laptops related items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Assistance is streaming into hurricane-affected areas as volunteers...
    We've been watching the coverage of Katrina's aftermath in the affected Gulf states, and we're not ... All across the Web, blogs and Web sites are assisting with the relief and aid mobilization.
    financing we can help you. We can get almost anyone approved for any type of loan you need, including all types of mortgages, refinances, pay day loan advance, auto financing and much more.
    www.nwcleasing.com
    can help you get the funds you need fast, usually within 24 hours or less.

    ReplyDelete