Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, September 9, 2005

It has been a very, well annoying work week. Meetings and problems, on top of problems and meetings. I sometimes refer to my job at the plant as a “firemen”; I put out fires (aka correct mistakes, problems, et al) and then try to devise schemes to prevent their re-occurrence. But meetings I abhor.

Today was a Friday/Thursday, usually pay day is on Thursday, but this week with the Monday holiday pay day was Friday. Banking, gassing the car (I might add at $.25 less a gallon then last week, still $3.34.9/gallon but a bit less none the less), grocery shopping and errands.

Hand a simple meal of fried knockwurst with onions, garlic, salt and pepper, mixed with a bit of barbecue sauce, and egg noodles, hard rolls and iced tea. Common, even peasant food I must admit, but it makes me full, happy and satisfied.

Have had a quiet, peaceful, restful night. Have spent quality time with all three cats. It is late but then it’s the only night of the week that I do not have to set the alarm clock, so when I awake (if I awake), that’s ok………

No comments:

Post a Comment