Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, September 10, 2005

On one hand “hits” to my blog is not really a big deal for me. The blog is for me not really for the “great unwashed”. But as a confirmed number crunchier I had figured out a month or so ago with any kind of luck I just might pass 5000 hits as registered on my sitemeter just before my baby ( or my blog if you will ) was 3 years old……….now with almost 2 months to spare I’m 50 hits short of the 5000 goal. I have other hit counters that are way higher then sitemeter but A- I can’t filter out my own hits to the blog……and B- quite frankly I think sitemeter misses a few but it’s the one that I have accepted as the standard.

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 setup on mine. One is for unique and the other is for every time the page is loaded. I agree I wish I could filter out my ip to see how many are other people coming back to read my crappy writing.

    A+ on you spam filter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah the spam filter on comments is a gift from blogger.......as much as i regret having to put an extra step in the comment process....i have been flooded by spam comments and my host blogger offered the cure........

    ReplyDelete