Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, September 6, 2005

My first really bad nights sleep in weeks, and plagued by weird, disturbing dreams…….maybe the weirdest and most disturbing of all………..I actually wanted my ex back in one of the dreams……….and that ain’t gonin’ to happen………..

Well it setup a lousy day at work, spent the entire morning practically in meetings with my boss, the treasurer, and the big guy…….I hate meetings……not that in any of these cases was my butt out in traffic, I was actually in a good position in all of them but I just hate meetings and ended up with the mother of all headaches……..I rarely get headaches…….but then I rarely have a morning when I’m sitting on my butt in meetings………..

Weird thing is I feel great now, rehearsal was a riot tonight, the lady vocalists were in a crazy mood and everything went pretty well, I am very encouraged by the improvement in M, she has a beautiful alto voice, but is inexperienced, she has a natural ear for harmony, and is just starting to feel confident enough to trust it………we have one piece where we need to sing in “couples” and she hears harmony only one way as of yet, it took a while to get it right because she has not the experience to adjust to me so I must to her………but in the end it worked out great………

I have been sing, playing in small and large groups, and an occasional solo, although I must admit I prefer the small group musical experience for over 52 years………..helps when you start at 5………and making music is the best part of my life…….weird thing is I prefer rehearsal to performance……in rehearsal you make the same music…..but it’s more fun…..less up tight……..before performances of the choral group I sing with I stalk the warm up hall for 45 minutes before the performance, nerves have always been a pre-performance deal with me………after the first few bars of a piece they’re gone………but the few times I haven’t had them I’ve been below par………..
i work to survive, i make music to live..........

No comments:

Post a Comment