Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Physically I have felt like a worn out piece of crap today, it’s been damp, dreary, cool, and down right ugly the last two days after a very hot summer, and my arthritis has been driving me nuts all day, when I was younger that would have been enough to ruin the day, but I have had a good day mentally, emotionally and spiritually………and at my age 3 out of 4 makes a good day………..

Had intended to stay in all day after a rough week at work, but took a look at some bills and realized I really couldn’t wait until Thursday to write the checks, one was a bit to close to due date, had the money but had not written checks on Thursday as I normally do…….but decided I really needed to break form and write them today…..am nothing if not a creature of habit……..stopped at mickey d’s for lunch……..they have maybe a limited time return to the past and got a double cheeseburger value meal……….always has been one of my favs there but they haven’t offered it for a while.

Just hung out and watched a lot of tube today………..dang…………..as I get older the memory fades………. what the heck did I have for supper…………(trollie ponders the question )…….ah ……….egg and olive sandwich and a dill pickle………….well it’s my story and I’m sticking to it………..

I have hit one of those streaks lately where food is just food and not fun……..I have been eating mechanically and that’s bad……I run thru that from time to time………I always get over it but such is the curse of living alone……….I am actually a very good, creative cook but making food for one…….sometimes…….like lately…..being creative can be a drag………particularly in the summer time………most of my best dishes………my most inspired creations are soups and stews that lend themselves better to the long cold winters that the northcountry is famous ( or is that infamous) for.

Have re-watched the food network search for the next food network star, and I’m still pissed off…….I think the best of the lot was hosed because they have too many white female hosts of shows……..but then I get opinions sometimes and once I get them as an old codger they almost never change……..

(trollie glances up and realizes he’s writing a novella tonight)

the next couple of workweeks will be a nightmare. I have two weeks to get ready for year end inventory, and as always the powers that be have decided that I don’t really need any help over the next two weeks and have moved my clerk over to production. I will still get everything done as I always do, but it will cost them some overtime, (trollie shakes his head but then he always does). Makes absolutely no sense to me but then that’s why they call it work and not fun……..or for that matter logical………

busy day tomorrow so will try to call it an early night………..nite all……..

No comments:

Post a Comment