Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, April 23, 2018

(11:05 AM UTC-4)
(+60*F.....sunny)
( mix of worship songs)
  Beautiful Spring day....took a brief walk....and in the process heard a bird song/call I had never heard before...or at least I don't remember hearing it before......didn't get a clear view of the bird..and the little guy won't hold still long enough to get a positive look but jumped on the net and after a bit of research found what I'm pretty confident this was the little rascal.....the sound i heard was a "weep weep" and the most likely candidate was the "Least Flycatcher" and once I saw the picture I'm reasonably sure that's the bird I heard/saw ( see photo at bottom of page)..besides I have a wise old owl...an orthodox parrot here.....why not a "Least Flycatcher".....I mean it's the least I could do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment