Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, April 2, 2018

(6:40 PM UTC-4)
(+38*F)
( a "Lord Peter Wimsey" episode )
  Took a long walk this AM....basically on a quest for the elusive banana..now I don't know how many people know this but bananas are picked green, and ripened on the trip to market in special insulated and climate controlled containers, discovered that years back when i was running a shipping and receiving dept for an irrigation company...and one of our customers was a banana grower, and when we shipped product to them it was on one of the specially build containers....anyways a have a banana for first meal everyday, and the place I do most of my shopping in, gets their bananas in a not quite ripe condition....so when I have 2 bananas left....I've got pretty good at picking the not quite ripe bananas that will be ripe on the 3rd day.....but not over ripe when I finish the hand.....( or bunch if you prefer....both terms are correct..but I grew up using the term hand ).......the price is not the really factor, although the price is a little cheaper, but that store is closer to my lodgings......and I do most of my food shopping there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment