Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, April 12, 2018

(7:08 PM UTC-4)
(+48*F)
( Brahms: "A German Requiem" )
  Has been a mixed bag king of day, nice this morning, then rain this afternoon, and now the rain has abated, but it's still quite dreary....
  Resolved to take a brake from the poker and slots games I play on line, except to collect the bonus that drop at regulated intervals, although I did play the required number of hands (16) to gain an advantage with the poker bonus.....may play a little later but......as to the slots I need to amass a large stake to really play effectively...which the game will generously do......that is if I'm will to exchange real money for game coins......but since there is no way to exchange game coins for real money...I'll pass....so much for "free game"
  While I was shopping this AM, I got a bottle of Kalamata olives, (oops, another word that spell check doesn't recognize), already pitted, I have the standard green olives with the pimento, but I like the kalamata for certain things...but it reminds me of a story from years ago,
  We had invited a couple we knew for dinner, and had gotten a nice olive assortment, pits not removed, and so warned them of the fact, now the lady was a sweet thing but to put it simply was not the brightest bulb in the package.....she honestly thought that olives grew with the pimento inside...oy vey.....

No comments:

Post a Comment