Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

(4:06 PM UTC-4)
(+34*F)
(Best of Wagner)
  Late last night my right foot was yelling at me..whether the walk or the weather or it was it's turn.......my joints tend to take turns bugging me....but it was still stiff this AM but has loosened up quite a bit........didn't plan on walking today anyways
  Weather forecast is still mixed and on the cold/damp side...but starting Monday the forecast is for several days in a row with highs in the mid to high 50s, and overnight lows in the 40s.....I've lived in this area too long to get to excited about the forecast, plus I have little if any confidence in forecasts....but if true.....it looks like Spring is coming, belatedly.....but I'm not going to be sure or make plans until I see it with these old nearsighted eyes.......
  Someone posted a blurb on Facebook that Barbara Bush had passed, and listing CNN breaking news as the source......first of all I get breaking news emails from CNN, FOX, & NPR.....and saw nothing about it.....I had read she was in failing health..plus the link was dead......did some digging and sure enough just more "fake news", just another internet hoax ......one of the thing that drives me nuts with social media......is peeps post anything and everything they come across with out fact checking, it's probably both my mind set, and also my education, but I accept nothing as fact until I do my research and can make my on judgement on its veracity, got me in deep waters more then once when I was in a Bible school run by a particular baptist denomination, because after much research on my part I kept coming to erroneous conclusions, well at least from their rather rigid point of view....I have a major problem accepting something is "set in stone".....without making up my own mind on an issue whether it's religious, political or social......

No comments:

Post a Comment