Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

(18:24 UTC-5)
(+29*F....snow showers)
(Now Playing: a mix off Youtube(link))
   We got every little snow overnight....maybe 2 to 3 inches of snow at most....plus with the temperature in the mid-30's F....what was there quickly turned to slush....but went out on my every few day quest for the wild banana....they lurk in food markets....fortunately there's one of the hiding places just across the street from were I live....but I'm too gimpy to try to J-walk across what is one of the busiest streets in the small city I live in....so it's out the front door....a short walk in front of a bank next door...across a side street....using the crosswalk and the walk light....and then following thee same process cross the busy street....but today....the bank hadn't cleared their sidewalk yet....so I had to make my way through the packed snow which was turning to slush....oy vey....and the worst of it it's a branch of the bank that all my accounts are in....I'll have to tease the manager about that the next time I'm in the bank....so I got my bananas and a few other items....and should be fine through Monday....still predicting up to 12" of snow overnight and Thursday....and then Thursday night temperatures dropping to 0*F and wind chills in the minuses....until mid-day Sunday....but except for the bananas....I have my Winter pantry full....and there's always delivery....I eat a banana a day....and I really I'm not fond of bananas....but I'm as a former soccer player and runner (track, cross-country, 20Ks and a couple of marathons)....I'm prone to leg cramps....the dread "Charley Horse"....and the banana contains trace minerals (which the body can't store) that help alleviate or at lest lessen the severity of the problem....or at least that's the idea behind it....and it helps me....       

No comments:

Post a Comment