Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

(19:17 UTC-5)
(+21*F....fair)
(Now Playing: one of my mixes off Youtube (link))
   My typical observance of the dawning of the New Year....or rather my typical non-observance of it started last night....I went to bed at 23:00 local time....and was fast asleep by the time the ball dropped in Time Square....( I live in the same time zone ).....and to day I failed to watch any of the parades or the College football bowl games that I assume were on but since I not only didn't watch any of it...I didn't even check the TV schedule to see when or if they were on....the last time I was purposely up at the stroke of midnight to usher in the New Year....and see if the Y2K bug was going to play hob with my desktop....I don't know how many times I heard people refer to the year 2000 as the start of the new....millennium....now I'm a pretty good historian....and I don't remember ever reading about the year 0 AD....( and thus and therefore ends my rant )
   Have had the quiet day that I not only had hoped for....but actually achieved....although I did awake with a case of the sniffles....and had one of my sneezing fits....I never sneeze once....this morning it was three in quick secession....and I'm not talking a polite achoo....my are  of the major rattler you bones variety....my record is 9 in a row....but I feel much better now....the incident was probably brought on by the crazy weather....I always seem to catch a cold during the transition between seasons....
   Have spent the day in my usual pursuits....mostly online gaming, surfing and posting to my blogs....and a bit of fiddling with the layout on my poetry blog....I don't know whether it's the muses or the simple fact that I forget that I can write poetry....but I don't write poetry....and therefore don'y post to that blog on a regular basis....only when the muse speaks....check that....when the whim strikes me....hey....write some poetry dumbbell....or more probably you dummkopf..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment