Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 19, 2019

(20:47 UTC-5)
(-2*F....snow showers....-22*F w/ wind-chill...15 mph winds)
(Now Playing: "Have His Carcase" episode one (link))
   We're on the upper edge of the major storm storm that's sweeping through the North Eastern USA....but if the temperature stays as predicted for the next few days....I don't think we'll see that much snow....it's just dang cold....and the wind makes it feel even colder....I used to work outside and in  unheated warehouses when the temperature was -25*F or even lower....but 3 factors....(1) I know how to dress for it....(2) I was a lot younger then....(3) and most important I was well paid....although I still know how to dress for the cold....I am much older....and retired....so I ain't going out in this weather unless there is a very good reason....and I mean a very good reason....storm should be pretty much over and past us by mid-morning Tuesday....so won't even consider walking outside until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment