Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 26, 2019

(21:24 UTC-5)
(+10*F...."feels like" -1*F....mostly cloudy....8 mph winds)
(Now Playing: another mix off Youtube (link))
   What I like about the Youtube mixes....although they are selected for me probably by a program....there are pieces I have listened to in the past or very similar to what I listen to....and because my taste in music is quite eclectic...so are some of the mixes....the one playing now is mostly classical/liturgical....
   Well our good luck avoiding the "lake effect snow" must have run out overnight....I awoke to find about 3 feet of freshly fall snow....I'm very thankful that my living arrangements makes dealing with it's removal someone else's problem....but it does put a crimp in any plans I might have had to walk outside....but having lived in an area all my life where "lake effect snow" is common....I always keep a "Winter pantry"....I grew up in western NYS....in the "lake effect snow" area off Lake Erie....and for the last 52+ years in another "Lake effect snow" area in what is known as the Northcountry of NYS...in the lee of Lake Ontario....as a child and young adult I used to enjoy the Winter weather....except when I had to work in it....but being well paid for my efforts made it tolerable....but as a retired senior citizen....I avoid it at all costs.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment